Educators and others in our communities can become Better Beginnings Partners by hosting community forums and workshops on relevant early childhood topics or on ways to improve the quality of child care facilities in the community.
Business and industry leaders can play an important role in helping employees make good child care decisions by sharing Better Beginnings information with them on a regular basis and offering incentives for attending Better Beginnings events. Our business partners and others are also invited to provide in-kind support like copying, printing, consultation, presentation space, etc. on behalf of Better Beginnings consumer education campaigns.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for a Competitive Workforce has published a report entitled “Why Business Should Support Early Childhood Education.” You can download it here. They also have a number of useful resources on their website here.
Become a Partner
Want to see how YOU could be a partner and make a difference for Arkansas’ children? Click here to see how our partners can help.
To find out more about volunteer and community involvement contact the DHS Division of Child Care and Early Education at 501-682-4891.
- Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
- Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Arkansas Out of School Network
- Arkansas Parenting Education Network
- Arkansas State Head Start Collaboration Project
- Arkansas State University Childhood Services
- Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies
- Division of Child Care & Early Childhood Education
- Governor's Work-Life Initiative